Thursday, October 9, 2008

Devotional 10-10-08

Matthew 21:22 " And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

Timothy 5:12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Ah, the rain has come. I believed it would, I just didn't know when. It feels good. Everything was dry. I even felt dry. Even though I was drinking plenty of liquids, I was feeling dry. Usually, I want it to rain between midnight and maybe 6 AM. But I know that doesn't work. I usually find it a nuisance to go out into the rain. I need a raincoat and or umbrella, extra things that I would not need if the sun was shining and just getting in and out of the car in the rain can be a hassle. Poor me!

We need rain to quench the the thirst around us, and I need to believe in God and the Trinity to quench my thirst and being.

Sometimes, I get to thinking, how could there be God? Why can't I see Him? Where is He? What if someone just fed me the Bible and teachings and is manipulating me from somewhere? All of us? How can all of 'this' be, exist?

But then I think of all the people that believe. They are intelligent. I was recently at the "Commission Possible" workshop in Summersville, WV. Looking around at the more than 1,200 people and thinking of all the people in the world, I thought , they couldn't be all wrong about believing either.

I believe because it makes my life easier, better and makes me feel good. I feel good because I believe. I feel relieved that I can take my fears and woes to God and let go. I feel good about doing for others. I am not that young anymore, but I try to be an example to the believers and non believers. I hope to be a good witness.

Thank you Heavenly Father for my belief, and let me witness to those around me. Amen.

Kay Lewis

No comments: