Thursday, August 5, 2010

Devotional 8-6-10

"I know the plans I have for you," announces the Lord.
"I want you to enjoy success. I do not plan to harm you.
I will give you hope for the years to come."
Jeremiah 29:11 NIRV
When I was a teenager I had my life planned out. I wanted to be an elementary school teacher, wife, and a mother. When I got to college and about to flunk out it, I realized that I was not going to get my Mrs. before I got my BA. God had other plans for me. So, I buckled down and received my BA in Education. Later, I did become a Mrs. and a mother to Michael.

As a divorced single parent, I am very grateful to God for blessing me with His plans. I had and have a wonderful support system, with God in the front. My plans are not always His plans and that is sometimes hard to take. I try to pray every day, "Thy will be done."

To paraphrase from the book, Mountain Prayers, A Vacation for Your Soul, p.76,"Your plans may have been quite good and notably responsible ones, and certainly you should make plans for your future based on the knowledge and experience you possess today. But when God sends a delay, routes you to another road, or changes the climate completely, give thanks for what He puts in front of you. Maybe even laugh. When God hands you his plans, you're getting the great ones." AMEN

Kay Lewis

No comments: