Friday, May 11, 2012

Devotional 5-11-12

I have been thinking about Mark Conner's devotion about being tricked. (Read it here.) I think I am a good person. I do things everyday to try and make a difference to others. Yet I know I fall short as I am only hunan. I had never thought about Jesus being tricked as he walked through those palms and recieved those joyous shouts on Palm Sunday. He knew what was lying ahead for Him. Did the people around him? I guess not. They thought that He was on his journey to be glorified. Do I not think that being a good person and doing good things and having people think that I am great will glorify me? Honestly, I do, but is only when I hear about the difference that I have made as a result of my deeds that I feel good about what I have done. I like to call it a double blessing. If I have made a difference in some way and heard how it has made a difference, I expierence a double blessing. The goodness I have done comes back to me and that is when I really feel good about -- what I have done.It is contagious. The more I do, the better I feel and the better I feel, the more I want to do good things.

Jesus walking on those palms set the example for me to experince the double blessings everyday in my life. Granted He had to die for us to figure this out. He allows us to walk on palms everyday and to glorify ourselves through his example. The good feeling is just waiting for you if you are willing to walk on the palms with Him.

Jean Ramsey

No comments: