Friday, April 12, 2013

Devotional 4-11-13


"He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him." John 14:21

Several years ago I found the following poem in a Church Women United newsletter. I cut it out and it has haunted me since. I have posted it, typed it in Works on my computer and have found it in a file I keep with quotations. I guess I do not want to lose it! All Christians desire to be Christlike, but how do we achieve it? What a challenge! As I reflect on this poem, I hope as I live day by day, others "can see God's love expressed" and that God will lead me to do his work.

I am thankful that in this church and in others of which I have been apart, I have seen seen "God's love expressed" many times over.

I BEHOLD THE CHRIST IN YOU
I behold the Christ in you.
Here the life of God I see.
I can see this as you walk.
I can see this in all you do.
I can see this as you talk.

I behold God’s love expressed.
I can see you ever blessed.
See Christ in you hour by hour.

I behold the Christ in you.
I can see that perfect one
Led by God in all you do.
I can see God’s work is done.
L. Z. Cole

Dear Christ, help us to embody you in our lives and in the world. Help us to listen and find what you are calling us to be and do.

Martha Casey

No comments: