Friday, July 26, 2013

Devotional 7-26-13

Colossians 2:6-7 -- So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught,and overflowing with thankfulness.

Every morning that I can, after getting out of bed, I get a little fruit juice, and go to a place I have set up to read the devotional, "The Upper Room".  This includes Bible scripture and then a story and prayer someone has written.

I enjoy this quiet time and pray for the rest of my day to please the Lord. By doing so, I feel I am doing as Jesus wants me to do.  He is helping me through my day.  I am also learning and renewing my faith in Jesus Christ.

What a glorious feeling to be rooted and built up in Christ, strengthened in the faith I was taught as a child and overflowing with thankfulness.

Let's pray:  Our gracious heavenly Father, bless me as I take my quiet time to strengthen my faith in you and Christ Jesus.  I am overflowing with thankfulness at being with you.  Amen

Kay Lewis

No comments: