Thursday, February 20, 2014

Devotional 2-21-14

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them.
I don't think I spend a lot of time thinking about how God created me in his image. That's probably a good thing, because it's after Christmas and there is more of me than I'm happy with.  That's something I have to work o , and it's certainly not God's fault.

On Wednesday I was invited to see my next grandchild.  What a wonderful experience.  You can actually see the bones in the hands, arms, feet and legs.  You can watch and hear the heartbeat. You can tell if you need to buy pink or blue; it's blue for this one.  It is such a miracle to be able to see all of these wonders right in front of me.

One of my favorite new Christmas songs is "Mary Did You Know?".  It is so beautiful and a little sad, but one of my favorite lines is "when you kiss your little baby, you kiss the Face of God." What a wonderful thought.  I don't think I'd really thought that before, I've just enjoyed kissing the sweet faces of the innocents.

The next time you kiss someone, partner, child, parent, friend, remember that you are kissing the Face of God.  Remember that how you treat this person or any other person you meet during the day is a reflection of how you treat God.

Think about this with every person you deal with and see if how you treat others doesn't improve your day, week, and your year.

I can't wait to kiss the face of our little grandson when he gets here.  He will be so fresh from God that I'm sure some of that grace will rub off on us.

May your days be blessed.

Debbie McGinnis

No comments: