Friday, August 12, 2016

Devotional 8-12-16

This was taken from  book "Poems of Inspiration and Comfort" by Deborah Bell

God can Handle It

I an the vine, he are the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing.   John 15:5

I tried to do it on my own...I tried to work it out
I knew that God could handle it (with just a little doubt)
I was closer with each step I took...new hope each day arose
But when I'd near the end it seemed the book would quickly close.

From my Lord these words then came...My Child...just move aside
I heard your prayer...now here I am but both My hands are tied
Yes...I will give all things you ask...just ask in faith and believe
Then do your part...and step aside...do not My Spirit grieve
You ask but still continue on so what am I to do
I cannot work a mighty work until your work is through

So...I laid aside my selfish will and moved out of the way
I left it in God's loving hands and left it there to stay
He intervened so lovingly with timing and with skill
I laid my crown down at His feet...and yielded to His will....

Let us pray:
Thank you God for loving us and for always listening to us. All we must do is to let go and let you take care of us by believing in faith and the Holy Spirit to see us through! Keep all of your children in your loving arms and bless them all!
Amen

Melanie Herr

No comments: