Friday, November 4, 2016

Devotional 11-4-16

In my latest of edition of Readers Digest there is an excepted chapter from a book by Bob Odenkirk's book "A Load of Hooey" entitled, "How to Pick a Tatoo".

One of the first things Mr Odenkirk's emphasizes is three things:
1. Do not be in a hurry.
2. Do not be drunk.
3. Do not be drunk and in a hurry.

Tattoos are everywhere these days.  It's art and I get that.  I suppose there is a lot self expression in that art. 

They do have the ability to let people know how you feel about things but they are pretty much forever.  I am sure that errors in judgement or spelling can be most humbling.

I really appreciate the tattoos in people's lives that are not quite as physically visible.  The lives that bear the mark of life spent doing the right things and in service to Christ are the ones that mean the most to me.  I see those whenever I am at church and see the folks that are there.  Those are the most impactful works of art I see.  And that ink never fades.  It's eternal.

Mike Bowen

No comments: