Thursday, September 20, 2007

Devotional 9-17-07

As a child, leaving home to enter first grade, I remember being scared to leave home that first morning! But, when I arrived I found that my teacher, Mrs. Geiger, was a very small and wonderful woman who put us all at ease.

Our first morning, she asked us to sit at our assigned desks and clasp our hands together. We were to think of one hand as ours, the other as God's clasping ours -- and to say the Lord's Prayer together. It was just what we needed to comfort our fears -- and we did this the first thing each morning. Throughout my life, this became a habit, and even now when the minister says, "Let us pray," my hands automatically clasp in my lap. What a wonderful gift she gave all of her many apprehensive little ones through the years -- and through each of our entire lives.

Our childhood is the most important part of what we grow up to be, and I am so thankful for all of JM's teachers, in schools and church, who introduce our precious littles ones to God.

Quinn Van Nostran

No comments: