Friday, February 13, 2015

Devotional 2-13-15


ARE YOU HAVING A GOOD DAY?

How is your day going? I hope it is going well. Just in case things could be looking better let me remind you of some words of wisdom written by Michael Perry, a Church of England clergyman who penned over three hundred hymns in the nineteen sixties and later in the twentieth century.

 HEAL ME, HANDS OF JESUS
(#262 in the United Methodist hymnal)

Heal me, hands of Jesus, and search out all my pain;
Restore my hope, remove my fear, and bring me peace again.

Cleanse me, blood of Jesus, take bitterness away;
Let me forgive as one forgiven and bring me peace today.

Know me, mind of Jesus, and show me all my sin;
Dispel the memories of guilt and bring me peace within.

Fill me, joy of Jesus, anxiety shall cease,
And heaven's serenity be mine, for Jesus brings me peace.

HAVE A GOOD DAY!

Jean Dean

No comments: