Friday, July 10, 2020

Devotional 7-10-20

Genesis 25:19-34, Psalm 25 or Psalm 119:105-112, Romans 8:1-11, Matthew 13:1

I was blessed to be born into a Christian family.  My parents were members of a Methodist Church along with their parents. In other words, I grew up in a Methodist Church with my parents, sisters, and both sets of grandparents. So, from the day I came into this world under the guidance of Gil and Bruce Ratcliff's father, Dr. Gilbert Ratcliff, Sr., I have also been under the guidance of my Lord and Savior.

In Psalm 25:4-5 (NIV), David is asking for guidance. "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." 

With all that is going on in the world today, I have daily asked God for guidance, as every day is a new and abnormal day. I need His guidance. I want His guidance. The Bible tells us God is always with us; there beside us wherever we are. I believe that. I feel His presence. So, it seems I am always talking to God. In fact, He is guiding this devotion. Yes, I tell God what I think and feel but in the end I have to say, "God I have to let go and let you take care of this." Then I feel peace. 

I pray you are well and seeking God's guidance.  Amen

Kay Lewis

No comments: