Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Devotional 11-16-07

"A Note From Heaven"


Dear Beloved One,

I see your loneliness and fears, your guilt and frustrations. I see your endless search for love and fulfillment. All this must be in order for you to come to the end of your own understanding. Then you can hear My voice. Listen carefully amid the noise of the world and you will hear. "I love you." I shed my blood for you to make you clean. Give yourself completely to me. I created you to be completely as you are, and you are lovely in My eyes. Do not criticize yourself or become depressed for not being perfect in your own eyes. This leads only to frustration. I want you to trust Me-one day, one step at a time.

Dwell in My power and My love and be free. Be yourself. Don't allow other people to control you. I will guide you if you let Me. Be aware of My presence in everything. I'll give you patience, love, joy, and peace. Look to Me for answers, for I am your Shepherd and I will lead you. Follow Me. Listen and I will tell you My will. Let My love flow from you and spill over to all you touch. Be not concerned with yourself. You are My responsibility. You are Mine. Let Me have the job of making you like Christ. Do not struggle, but relax in My love. I know what is best for you. My will is perfect. My love is sufficient. I will supply all your needs. Look only to Me.

I love you,
Your Heavenly Father

In the book God Is Closer Than You Think by John Ortberg, at the end of chapter 7, he states "No one else can sing your song." That really made me stop and think. Each of our relationships with God is unique. He doesn't expect us to be like anyone else. He made each of us different from anyone else-not better, not worse just different. He gave each of us special talents to use for Him, but also flaws to learn from and keep us humble! With His help we will be able to take that divine journey, we will find the pathway that no one else can walk and sing the song that no one else can sing.


Margaret Williams

No comments: