Thursday, November 8, 2007

Devotional 11-9-07

MUSIC IN MY HEAD


On a Wednesday night after the Sanctuary Choir finishes its rehearsal most of the choir members will go home with the melody of the next Sunday's anthem ringing in their heads. Having a tune ringing in your head doesn't happen only to people who sing in a choir. How often have you found yourself humming a song or a television jingle. Following the Musical Arts Guild recent performance it took me nearly two weeks to get "Doo Wop" out of my mind!

Television jingles are among the most easily remembered tunes. If you watch NBC or MSNBC I know you have heard, "Wherever you are, there we are." Which leads me to a small business-size card I found in my bible the other day. I don't recall how it came to me but as I read it I thought "wherever I am, at home, at work, in the grocery store, God is with me." I want to share with you what the card said:

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The power of God protects me,
The presence of God watches over me.
Wherever I am, God is.

Could there be any greater promises to carry with us? The light, love, power and presence of God always with us to surround, enfold, protect and watch over us. Is there any greater blessing?

John 8:12, Romans 8:39, Romans 15:13, 1 Thess. 2:19

Jean Dean

No comments: