Thursday, July 3, 2008

Devotional 7-4-08

John 8:36: Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

As I reflect upon July Fourth and freedom, I am ever so grateful to live in this country. To go and come as I will and the law will allow, is a blessing. I am grateful too, for the freedom of choice that Jesus has given to me. I may not always make the right choices, but I have the freedom to do so. Jesus trusts me to make the right choice and I trust Jesus to guide me in doing so.

Also reflecting on this day are the words and tune of Irving Berlin, "God Bless America".
God bless America,
Land that I love,
Stand beside her and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above;
From the mountains to the prairies
To the oceans white with foam
God bless America,
My home sweet home.
I believe I am correct in quoting Tiny Tim from Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol", "God Bless us, Every One."

Happy Fourth of July to you all and God Bless you.

Kay Lewis

No comments: