Friday, October 25, 2013

Devotional 10-25-13

"FEAR knocked at my door but when FAITH answered it there was nobody there."

A friend of mine who experienced a devastating tragedy in the loss of his wife and daughter in an automobile accident shared this with me a few weeks ago. It has helped me and I hope it will do the same for you.

Fear is a strong word that can cover anxiety, worry, panic, apprehension, agitation, disquiet, dread. I had no idea there were so many definitions of fear until I checked the dictionary. We have all experienced one or another type of fear some time in our lives. Maybe a big fear like a health issue or losing a job or perhaps a more every day event like having to step outside our comfort zone. However big or small we can always send FAITH to answer the door.

When FEAR coming knocking on your door, send FAITH to answer it.

2 Timothy 1:7   For God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

What a wonderful promise!

Jean Dean

No comments: