Friday, January 24, 2014

Devotional 1-24-14

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

WHAT NEW BLESSINGS DOES GOD HAVE FOR ME TODAY?

Truly God's blessings are new every morning although sometimes when we roll out of bed we feel more like "same old, same old" possibly because we have a certain routine we follow each day. Don't misunderstand me, I find "routine" to be good in many ways.

Morning routine for me is pick up the Herald-Dispatch from the doorstep (no, I don't want to read it online), pour a glass of orange juice, make a big cup of English breakfast tea (Twinings, absolutely the best, although Lipton's is good too) and toast an English muffin.  By the time I get to the editorial page of the H-D I'm feeling human).

Now it's time for the daily reading from The Upper Room. What a blessing those devotionals and scriptures are each day. Fit them into your morning prayer time and then the words of one of my favorite hymns have new meaning.

     Great is Thy faithfulness, Great is Thy faithfulness,
          Morning by morning new mercies I see.
     All I have needed They hand hath provided,
          Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.

Have a good day!

Jean Dean

No comments: