Friday, January 23, 2015

Devotional 1-23-15

My husband Steve and I are walkers. We walk 3-4 miles every day at a pretty fast pace. People often comment on our walking. One day, as we passed a friend we don’t see very often, we got a different comment. She said we inspired her to walk. I was glad we inspired her.. Every Doctor that we see--even our Dentist and Optometrist--tell us that it makes a major difference in our health. Then I started thinking. The way I would really like to inspire people is with my faith. Does the way I lead my life inspire anyone? What do I need to change?

I thought about this all through the Christmas season. Then I noticed a magnet (many of you probably have the same one) on my refrigerator. It says, “Be patient, God isn’t finished with me yet.”  I’m not finished. I still have lots of growing to do. I can’t get complacent. Going to church, praying, and reading the Bible aren’t enough. I need to be open to new ideas, new ways to open my heart to God. I need to practice not letting anger and insensitivity cloud Gods light. Most of all I need to live with a thankful, joyous heart so that Gods light can shine through me.

God is never finished with us. If I can manage not to get complacent. If I can use the dedication that keeps me walking every day to keep growing. Then someday, maybe I can inspire someone with my faith.

Margaret Williams

No comments: