Saturday, August 22, 2015

Devotional 8-22-15

WILL I EVER GET IT RIGHT?

Ephesians 2 :4-8

Courtesy of my dear little cat, Calli, there was a carpet stain in a very obvious  place in the hallway. No big deal you say.  I found I had a spray can of carpet cleaner in the junk cupboard along with a lot of other stuff, tile cleaner, tub cleaner, furniture polish, etc. (If you need any kind of cleaner just come and see my seldom used supply).

Okay, let's get to it. Read the directions first. Now this is my problem whether it is a spray can of some kind of cleaner or a recipe card. I read the directions carefully, not once, not twice, maybe three times. Even a recipe I have used many times, I have to keep reading the directions. Really stupid, right?

Sometimes I even wonder about my faith. Am I getting it right? The Upper Room scripture today was from Ephesians 2:1-10. After reading this passage I found my answer to getting it right. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast".

We don't have to get it right. Jesus has taken care of it. All we need to do is to believe and keep on believing even in our weakest moments. Oh, the wonder of God's grace.

PS. The carpet cleaner worked!

Jean Dean

2 comments:

Debra Sparks-Kinsey said...

Amen!!

Debra Sparks-Kinsey said...

Amen. Thank you for this reminder.