Friday, October 2, 2015

Devotional 10-2-15


James 1:3  Knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

As I am writing this devotional,  I am vacationing at Ocracoke, NC in the Outer Banks. When Kim gave me this date, I had every intention of writing this before I left.

So, here I am, in the quiet of a sunny Wednesday morning writing.

We, my sister Judy, niece Melinda, and our friend Sharon, and I, started driving Saturday, stopping overnight. It sprinkled rain off and on, but Sunday when we arrived for a 2 and 3/4 hour ferry ride to the island of Ocracoke, it was becoming a pretty day. Yea!  We could tell it had been raining a lot on Ocracoke because there were puddles and standing water on some roadways and in yards.

Nevertheless, with key in hand we made our way to the rental house and found disappointment in many ways.  One way was the parking situation which left us in a puddle of water.

It rained off and on Sunday night through Monday and the forecast predicted rain for the whole week. Why God, why???  We came to relax, eat at different local restaurants, enjoy ourselves, not to avoided puddles and use our umbrella all the time. My patience, as well as that  of others, was wearing thin.

As it was raining again Tuesday morning, I said to a worker in the gift shop a museum, "I think this is God's way of letting me know He is still in control." I had been praying for the rain to stop; it did that afternoon bringing sunshine.  It rained some during the night, but now the sun is shining and with a grateful heart I know God is in control.

Thank be to God!!!

Kay Lewis

No comments: