Thursday, April 21, 2016

Devotional 4-22-16

Simon Peter asked him, "Lord where are you going? Jesus replied, "Where I am going, you cannot follow now, but you will follow later."

What am I striving to be as a Christian? Is it not an eternal perfect life?  Life without sorrow, pain, and suffering?

Right now I am anything but perfect.  I have faults and make bad judgments among other things.  I don't always say or do the things correctly.

But, even at my advanced age, I am working on being a better follower of Christ, a better Christian. So, I will keep reading God's word, sharing in fellowship to hear God's word, thinking of, listening to, and helping others, praying, and living a Christian life.  I will strive to be a better Christian here on earth, working towards that 'perfect' life with Christ our Lord.

Psalm 148

Kay Lewis

No comments: