Thursday, May 22, 2008

Devotional 5-23-08

Matthew 6: 24-34


My wife buys my clothes for me! She does this in self-defense! For you see, if it were up to me, I would still be wearing wide ties, bell-bottoms and madras! Once, when jogging in Ritter Park, a friend saw me coming and laughing asked “Who dresses you?”

Yet- I worry. I worry about my job, my finances, old age, etc., knowing there is only so much I can do about these things that are outside of my control!

Therefore, this scripture speaks to me. It serves to remind me once again that God cares for ME! Why is it we sometimes find this hard to accept? I think in part, it is because we lose sight of what is truly important. A new car, nice home or great job may appeal to us for many reasons. But- after acquiring “things” it can not change how we feel on the inside. The power of God-thru Jesus Christ- can CHANGE us! Christ points out in this scripture that each day will bring troubles of its own. But- should we elect to “Seek his kingdom and his Righteousness” then we can be satisfied and unworried by the daily trials and tribulations in life.

During this time of spring, may we be reminded of this promise when we see flowers in bloom or hear birds singing outside our window!

This is God speaking to us thru true beauty!

Prayer: Heavenly father, thank you for the beauty each day brings and help us to turn our life over to you and put you in control. Amen

Marv Jones

No comments: