Thursday, July 16, 2009

Devotional 7-17-09

Blessed, I have always felt that I was blessed being born into the Christian family that I was. I found this devotion in a book, The Power of Thanksgiving, 2008 by Barbour Publishing, Inc. I believe Cindy and Larry Stickler gave one to each of the choir members. They often gave special and seasonal gifts. What a blessing.

I would like to share the following from the book with you.

Blessed

Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.
Psalm 96:6
Take time to be quiet and think about the good things God has done for you. Look at both the good times and the bad times in proper perspective. We are loved by a God of all creation, the Master of all eternity. He has made us important by His love for us. Think of how wonderful this love is. We have no way to comprehend this kind of love and attention. It is well that we take time to contemplate all these things. All honor and glory belong to the Lord, who loves us so much. By entering into His presence, we come to know just how very blessed we are.

Who am I, Lord, that You take notice of me? I cannot believe that You love me the way You do. Though I don't understand, I do accept Your gracious love, and I am thankful from the depths of my soul, Amen

Kay Lewis

No comments: