Friday, July 11, 2014

Devotional 7-11-14

If by chance I should actually meet Jesus when I was planting flowers at Johnson Memorial UMC, what would I do or say? Never really thought about that happening, but if it happened what would I do? I guess I would say, "Hey I am working to make JM look really good on the outside so that people will like our church where we meet to show how much we love you. I guess I would show him around the church outside and show him the Memory Garden and the playground for the kids. I would invite him inside to our sanctuary and show him where I sit.  I would tell him that I love to sit and point out the stained glass windows. I would take him to our Sunday School rooms and let him meet the kids in our preschool, and Miss Anita and her staff. I would then show him the Fellowship Hall and the kitchen where we feed not only our members but the hungry at Common Grounds. I would tell him about the people that make that happen. I would have him say hey to Ron and Hilda who take care of our church, too.  I would have him say hello to Bruce Rous who leads us all in beautiful music every Sunday. I would then have him  take the elevator to the fourth floor to meet the staff there that serve us so well. I guess Amy, Mace, Linda, Joe, and Jack will be surprised when he meets them. I think he would be pleased at what he sees.

So many times I have taken others to see our great church just the same way as I would take Jesus. Maybe he was there beside me, and I did not know it.

Jean Ramsey

No comments: