Saturday, July 19, 2014

Devotional 7-19-14

Psalm 139: 1-12,23-24

"Where can I go from Your spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?" Psalm 139:7

In Jean Ramsey's Devotion of last week, she said that maybe Jesus was with her as she was planting and caring for the beautiful flora around Johnson Memorial UMC. I believe she is right.

There is nowhere we can go from the spirit or presence of God. God is always with us and how comforting is that? Right here, where you are reading this devotion, is God. No, we cannot reach out and physically touch him, but we can ask for comfort, healing, wisdom, whatever our heart and mind needs at the time. He is there.

I remember driving back from a vacation at the seashore, where I had felt God's presence in the ocean, the sand, and sun: all around. But as much as I hated to leave the beach, I felt such a comfort in God's green mountains of West Virginia, my home. Being in the mountains, I felt as though God had placed a comforting blanket around me.

God is everywhere! God is always with us! Amen

Kay Lewis

No comments: