Friday, July 25, 2014

Devotional 7-25-14

Matthew 10:29-30. "Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? And one of these shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows."

GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING

Did you ever explain something to someone and what you intended for them to understand was not what they actually understood? Hopefully when this happens the issue can be straightened out without serious consequences......but not always.

Here's an example: Every woman reading this has at one time or another said to herself, "I want to do something different with my hair." I confess that I fell into that trap recently. What I explained to the hairdresser I wanted and what she understood I wanted were two very different things. The result was not a happy one (at least not for me). I hated the result. Not her fault, just one of life's misunderstandings. I'm happy to say it was not irreversible and I'm looking pretty normal now but it did teach me a lesson.  Be very sure both parties are on the exact same page when explaining something to one another.

Part of the lesson I learned is something wonderful. WE DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO GOD. Jesus knows us completely, inside and out. He knows when we need His help whether it be for something large or small, we only have to ask. Trust me on this, I prove it every day. He knows what we need even before we know it ourselves.

And how comforting to know that to Him we are of greater importance than the tiniest bird or the least valuable of the coin of the realm. NO GREATER LOVE.

 Jean Dean

No comments: