Friday, August 9, 2013

Devotional 8-9-13


Actually, Strangers In A Train Station

I don't believe everything happens for a reason, but somehow God always seems to give me what I need at the right moment.

My oldest son and daughter-in-law recently moved from Huntington to the Philadelphia area. Unfortunately, they took my precious grandchildren with them! I accompanied them on the move. Instead of returning home, I took the train to Boston to visit my youngest son. The Philadelphia train station is a magnificent, grand old structure with wooden pews for waiting travelers.

It was time to say good-bye. I hugged each grandchild, my daughter-in-law and finally my son. Needless to say, it was an emotional moment. As they walked away, a lady sitting on the pew next to me smiled and said, "Your family?" I gave her the short version of the story. She said, "I have a son who lives in Brazil." Brazil? How could I complain that my son was moving to Pennsylvania when her's was in South America? We talked like old friends. She also has a son in New York City, where two of my sons went to college. We laughed as we wondered why these kids want to live in concrete jungles. When my train was called, I gathered my things and we wished each other well and safe travels. I told her, "You are my angel today; thank you." I think she liked the designation of angel.
Did God make sure that lady was there to comfort me when I needed it? I don't know. All I know is that she was there when I needed her.

You never know when you might be someone's angel. Don't miss the opportunity.

Look what someone posted as I was thinking about this devotion:

No comments: