Friday, April 10, 2015

Devotional 4-10-15

One Sunday in February we sang the hymn, “It’s Me, It’s Me, Oh Lord” standing in the need of prayer. It’s me. I am in need. It’s not my mother, my father, my sister, my brother, or anyone else. It’s me. I need to make that connection to God that comes only through prayer. Prayers seem to spew out of me in times of stress. Prayers of gratitude are also easy. I have much to be thankful for and telling God makes me more aware of my blessings and a happier person.

I find it much easier to pray for others than to pray for myself. Being honest with God and myself is difficult. What are my strengths and weaknesses? How do I use my strengths and overcome my weaknesses? The answers come from connecting to God in prayer. I have come to truly appreciate The Holy Spirit being there to guide me and even speak for me when I am unable to find the words I need to express my thoughts and feelings. When I am totally confused, upset by a situation and don’t know what to pray for, it is often to the Holy Spirit that I turn. When I do, I experience a sense of peace.

It’s me, oh Lord. I need to make that connection with You.

Margaret Williams

No comments: