Friday, April 17, 2015

Devotional 4-17-15

Deuteronomy 33:27 -- The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you, saying, "Destroy him!"

I like to eat at China Garden Buffet on 6th Ave. in Huntington.  On a recent visit I got, what was to me, a puzzling fortune. "It doesn't take guts to quit." I just was not sure what that meant and thought, yes and no.

At first, I thought, 'what a strange fortune.' "It doesn't take guts to quit."  Well, I thought, that is true but not true.  Have you ever tried to quit a bad habit? Such as, smoking, drinking, drugs, overeating, biting your nails, or any other habit that is not good for you.  It is hard to quit.  I think it takes guts to quit. It takes a higher power to be my guts. I go to God. Sometimes, I have to go to God over and over.  But I know within my heart that God is there to provide the guts. What a comforting and empowering knowledge, to know that I am not alone and can turn to my Lord.

John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

Kay Lewis

No comments: